Sexually transmitted infections (STIs) are diseases passed on through intimate sexual contact. They can be passed on during vaginal, anal and oral sex, as well as through genital contact with an infected partner.
The most common STs include:
- Chlamydia • Genital warts • Genital herpes • Gonorrhoea
- Syphilis • HIV • Trichomoniasis • Pubic lice • Scabies
- Balanitis • Non-specific urethritis
If you have any questions or problems regarding contraception or planned pregnancy please do not hesitate to book an appointment.
Our Nursing Team offers all forms of contraception including Pills, injections. Our Nurse clinician offers implants and Dr Wall fits Inter-uterine devices by appointment.
We offer chlamydia testing for patients’ 16-24 years of age. We have a supply of testing kits located in the practice toilets and you can pop the completed test through the treatment door letterbox.
This is a confidential service and the results of this test will be texted to your mobile phone, we do not receive the results in the practice – so please ensure you put the correct mobile number on the form.
You can obtain free Emergency contraceptive pill up to 72 hours after unprotected sex from any of the following:
- Any GP
- GP out of hours service
- Some local community pharmacists (Chemist)
- Any sexual health clinic
Local Sexual Health Clinics
You can find out more about Sexual health clinics at www.gosexualhealth.co.uk
Monday – Friday the following clinics are available:
- Stanney Lane Clinic, Telephone: 0151 350 3304
- West Cheshire College drop in clinic (for under 25s). 11.30 – 2.00pm
Saturdays the following clinic is available:
- Fountains Clinic – Chester. Telephone :0300 323 1300. From 12.00 – 2.00pm
Page updated: 3 March, 2017